A disgruntled minister alleged that some officials of the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) had extorted money from local politicians in exchange for the INC’s votes during the 2013 elections.
Roel Rosal, an expelled minister, said two politicians–a Bulacan
mayor and a barangay (village) captain from Parañaque–had coursed
through him a letter supposedly addressed to Executive Minister Eduardo
Manalo about an alleged extortion by the INC’s “tagapangasiwa.”
He alleged that these INC officials were Israel Flores, who oversees Parañaque, and Albert Dy, who oversees Bulacan.
Rosal said a “tagapangasiwa” handles the churches in a province and is equivalent to a bishop of the Roman Catholic Church.
The INC is usually wooed by politicians because of their practice of bloc voting.
“Ito yung pagtanggap ng mga ministro ng pera kapalit ng
boto…Nagbabayad sila para sa boto ng Iglesia. Kapag makuha mo ang
Iglesia, hindi ka na magkakampanya (Ministers accept money in exchange
for INC members’ votes. If candidates are assured of INC votes, they
need not campaign),” Rosal said.
He made the statement as he held vigil outside the Manalo matriarch’s
residence along Tandang Sora Avenue on Thursday amid reports that the
Executive Minister Eduardo Manalo had expelled his mother, Cristina
“Tenny” Villanueva Manalo, and younger brother Felix Nathaniel “Angel”
Villanueva Manalo from the church for causing disunity
The expelled Manalos were allegedly held hostage inside the Manalo residence.
The family conflict erupted ahead of the 101st founding anniversary of the politically influential church on Monday, July 27.
Ka Tenny and Ka Angel were expelled over a YouTube video they posted
claiming their lives were in danger. Also expelled were two
relatives other siblings, Marco Eraño Villanueva Manalo and Lolita
Ka Tenny, in the video, also claimed a minister was abducted and is
still missing. Tenny is the widow of INC’s late executive minister Eraño
Rosal said he was expelled without due process last month for going
against the leadership of the church. He said he only wanted to side
with the truth.
He claimed some 10 ministers were abducted for their alleged
knowledge of malversation of funds within the INC that allegedly went to
some members’ lavish lifestyle.
He tagged the church auditor, Jun Santos, and his staff as allegedly being behind the “mishandling” of church funds.
EX INC MEMBERS AND INC MEMBERS TESTIMONIALS ABOUT IGLESIA NI CRISTO
- AN ADVISE TO REMAINING MANALISTS AND THE TESTIMONIAL OF A CATHOLIC CONVERT FROM BEING A BORN INC
- AN INC MINISTER'S DAUGHTER TESTIFIES AGAINST HER IGLESIA NI CRISTO SECT
- EUGENIO JAVATO AN INC CONVERT TO CATHOLICISM TESTIMONIAL
- EX INC MEMBER FELT MERCY AFTER BELIEVING IN BRO ELI SORIANO'S TEACHINGS
- INC LEADERSHIP DO NOT CARE ANYMORE OF ITS DEAD MEMBERS
- INC MEMBER WHO RETURNED TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BECAUSE OF THE INTERNET AND APOLOGETICS
- Jarell De Jesus' testimony against the INC (ex INC who became an ADD)
- Larry Erfilo's testimony against the INC (ex INC who became an ADD)
- Lydia Manuyag's testimony against the INC (ex INC who became an ADD)
- THE LATEST NEWS OF EX INC CONVERT HANNA AND HER BROTHER MINISTER OF CHURCH OF MANALO