FROM FR. ABE'S BLOG the 1st Explanations
[samantalang si Cristo ay hindi nya alam kung kailan ang araw ng Paghuhukom..]
O NO, NO, NO… I RESEARCHED THAT VERSE AND I’VE FOUND OUT THAT ONLY ONE GREEK TEXT ANG NAGSASABI NIYAN. THE GREAT MAJORITY OF THE EXISTING GREEK TEXTS OF NEW TESTAMENT WALANG SINASABI NA HINDI ALAM NI CRISTO ANG ARAW NG PAGHUHUKOM O ANG KANYANG PAGDATING NA MULI:
THE VERSE YOU ARE REFERRING TO ABOUT IS MATTHEW 24:36.
IT IS VERY INTERESTING THAT BOTH THE CATHOLIC DOUAY-RHEIMS AND THE PROTESTANT KING JAMES VERSION DOESN’T STATE THAT THE SON DOESN’T KNOW THE TIME AND THE HOUR OF THE SECOND COMING:
Matthew 24:36 [DRV] But of that day and hour no one knoweth: no, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.
Matthew 24:36 [KJV] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
AND THERE ARE SOME BIBLE TRANSLATIONS THAT CONTAINS “NOT EVEN THE SON” WHILE THERE ARE OTHERS WHICH DO NOT STATE IT AT ALL.
I CHECKED AT THE GREEK TEXT OF THE BIBLE AND I FOUND OUT THAT THE ONLY ONE CONTAINING THE SON AS ONE OF THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW THE DAY OF THE SECOND COMING IS Greek NT: Westcott/Hort with Diacritics. BUT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF OTHER GREEK NEW TESTAMENT TEXTS LEND SUPPORT TO THE TRANSLATION OF DOUAY-RHEIMS AND KING JAMES VERSION:
1. Greek NT: Greek Orthodox Church
2. Greek NT: Stephanus Textus Receptus (1550, with accents)
3. Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
4. Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1894)
[ Sana po maliwanagan po kayo..]
IKAW ANG DAPAT MALIWANAGAN. DAHIL MAY NAKASULAT RIN SA BIBLIA NA MERONG ALAM SI CRISTO NA HINDI ALAM NG IBA, KUNDI BUKOD TANGING SIYA LAMANG ANG NAKAKAALAM:
Revelation 19:12 [Good News Bible/RSV/ESV] His eyes were like a flame of fire, and he wore many crowns on his head. He had a name written on him, but NO ONE EXCEPT HIMSELF KNOWS what it is.
SO, DOES IT MEAN THAT THE FATHER DOES NOT KNOW IT AND THEREFORE HE IS NOT GOD? IF I FOLLOW YOUR WAY OF THINKING THAT WILL BE THE LOGICAL CONCLUSION. THUS, YOUR REASONING IS WRONG AND ERRONEOUS.
"If Jesus was God, why did He not know when He would return?"
Answer:Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming,Matthew 24:36(andMark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”
When Jesus spoke these words to the disciples, even He had no knowledge of the date and time of His return. Although Jesus was fully God (John 1:1,14), when He became a man, He voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes (Philippians 2:6–8). He did not manifest them unless directed by the Father (John 4:34;5:30;6:38). He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf.John 2:25;3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return. After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf.Matthew 28:18;Acts 1:7).
Matthew 24:36 clearly states that the Father alone knows when Jesus' return will be. Verses such asJohn 5:30;6:38;8:28-29;10:30;12:49;14:28,31; andMatthew 26:39,42demonstrate Jesus' submission to the Father as well as their Oneness in the Godhead. Yes, they are both God. But some things Jesus had apparently chosen to "give up the rights" to be privy to during His earthly ministry (seePhilippians 2:5-11). Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.
EX INC MEMBERS AND INC MEMBERS TESTIMONIALS ABOUT IGLESIA NI CRISTO
- AN ADVISE TO REMAINING MANALISTS AND THE TESTIMONIAL OF A CATHOLIC CONVERT FROM BEING A BORN INC
- AN INC MINISTER'S DAUGHTER TESTIFIES AGAINST HER IGLESIA NI CRISTO SECT
- EUGENIO JAVATO AN INC CONVERT TO CATHOLICISM TESTIMONIAL
- EX INC MEMBER FELT MERCY AFTER BELIEVING IN BRO ELI SORIANO'S TEACHINGS
- INC LEADERSHIP DO NOT CARE ANYMORE OF ITS DEAD MEMBERS
- INC MEMBER WHO RETURNED TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BECAUSE OF THE INTERNET AND APOLOGETICS
- Jarell De Jesus' testimony against the INC (ex INC who became an ADD)
- Larry Erfilo's testimony against the INC (ex INC who became an ADD)
- Lydia Manuyag's testimony against the INC (ex INC who became an ADD)
- THE LATEST NEWS OF EX INC CONVERT HANNA AND HER BROTHER MINISTER OF CHURCH OF MANALO